Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2000 00:41:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      robert bowen <robert@braingarage.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Disk label problems

AAAAGHH! I am still having disk label problems. I
rebooted the computer again tonight, and once again
discovered that the disk label is messed up! Any ideas?
I had no boot manager installed, and it just comes up
with "missing operating system". Sysinstall shows no
disklabel at all. There are no traces of my old slices
inside the FreeBSD partition. This is really frustrating
- I think this is the third time. Could it be related to
the hibernate to disk program? Maybe that is overwriting
the boot blocks or something. I read on the IBM site
that it cannot be used with a boot manager, but here I
am not using one. Any suggestions are welcome...