Date:      Sat, 7 Jan 2006 09:09:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
To:        Nikolas Britton <nikolas.britton@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Signatures needed, petition for native Flash player.

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, Nikolas Britton wrote:

> I need everyone on the lists to go sign the petition for Macromedia to
> make a FreeBSD native version of their Flash player. I also need

I rarely use Macromedia. Does it have an open specification(s)?

If not, is it worth encouraging its continued use?

I see there is a GPL'd Flash that has this webpage:
http://gplflash.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/LegalSituation

What about instead having a petition to encourage companies and websites
to use some open specification like SVG?

I see there are many websites mentioning "SVG versus Flash".

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 Media Relations and Publishing Services
	  	 	 http://www.reedmedia.net/