Date:      Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:31:41 +0200
From:      Matt Douhan <matt@fruitsalad.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   if_ndis kernel crashing

Hi

I am using if_ndis to get wlan support for my broadcom chipset wireless card,
since 3 days trying to build a new kernel it panics after if_ndis is
installed.

here is how to repeat it

buildworld
buildkernel
installkernel
reboot

this works as if_ndis is NOT put in /boot/kernel

cd /usr/src/sys/modules/if_ndis/
sudo make
sudo make install

reboot

crashes immediatly

reboot

load kernel.old

works right away

repeatable every time the new kernel tries to laod once if_ndis is put
into /boot/kernel

I am trying to get the debugger to work over firewire but I am afraid I am not
skilled at these things.

any tips on what info to provide is much appreciated

Matt