Date:      Sun, 8 Nov 1998 13:47:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Cy Schubert <cy@cschuber.net.gov.bc.ca>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports/8609: krb5 port eklogin error

>Number:         8609
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       eklogin service (kerberos klogind) fails to print DES msg
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE i386
>Environment:

	FreeBSD cwsys 2.2.7-RELEASE FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE #0: Sat Oct 31 09:57:33 PST 1998     root@cwsys:/opt/usr_src/sys/compile/CWSYS  i386

	When logging into encrypted login (eklogin) service, kerberos
	klogind, approximately 9 times out of 10 the following message
	does NOT display:

	This rlogin session is using DES encryption for all data transmissions.

	Even though the message is NOT displayed 9 times out of 10,
	I have been able to verify, via tcpdump, that packets are
	still encrypted.  Just the message is not displayed 9/10 times.

>How-To-Repeat:

	Log into an eklogin service using:
		krlogin -x servername

	The DES encryption message is not displayed 9/10 or more
	times.

>Fix:

	Remove patch-al and rebuild krb5-1.0.5.