Date:      Thu, 01 Feb 1996 09:02:15 PST
From:      Brian Smith <brians@mandor.dev.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        dglo@SSEC.WISC.EDU (Dave Glowacki), chuck@fang.cs.sunyit.edu, hackers@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Willows

>Dave Glowacki stands accused of saying:
>> It's there now.
>>
>> I registered, got instructions on FTP access, logged into ftp.willows.com
>> and grabbed twin-src-1.5.0.tgz (dated Feb 1. 3:10)
>
>This looks (from first impressions) really well laid out.  The porting
>guide makes it sound so easy 8)
>
>User-LDT access is already available; we have dlopen & friends, anyone
>care to comment about what happens when a process generates an interrupt?

The User-LDT even in current is broken in a couple of ways.  It was imported
from NetBSD a while back, so I just ftp'ed NetBSD kernel src last night to
determine what needs to be changed.  Your first problem will be that it
doesn't allocate enough space for the full 8192 possible LDT entries.

I'll email a partial patch to those who need more than 512 LDT entries
right now, but, there are still some problems with my current patch, such
as leaking memory at process exit.

Brian