Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 2016 09:50:01 +0000
From:      David Chisnall <theraven@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Tijl Coosemans <tijl@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bris.ac.uk>, thierry@FreeBSD.org, fortran@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help make port for opencoarrays

On 22 Feb 2016, at 09:01, Tijl Coosemans <tijl@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>=20
> I think Fortran is fine.  It's C++ that's in a bad shape.  I think the
> lang/gcc* ports need to be modified so libstdc++ sits on top of =
libcxxrt
> instead of libsupc++.  Maybe David can say more about that (CCed).

Ideally, they should be modified to just use libc++.  I thought that =
bapt had done this, but I might have misremembered.  Mixing libstdc++ =
and libc++ is fine if both sit on top of libcxxrt and no standard =
library types cross library boundaries, but is problematic otherwise =
(the good news is that you=E2=80=99ll get linker failures if they do try =
to cross library boundaries, unless they=E2=80=99re thrown as =
exceptions).

David