Date:      Wed, 08 Oct 2003 14:22:44 -0300
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@tcoip.com.br>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISO names  (Was: 4.9-RC2 is on ftp-master..)

Murray Stokely wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 09:38:13AM -0300, Jo?o Carlos Mendes Lu?s wrote=
:
>=20
>>I've been studying the availability of FreeBSD ISOs on edonkey networks=
,=20
>>and, surprise, I just noted that the ISO has no "FreeBSD" on its name.
>>
>>What do you think of changing the names to:
>=20
>=20
> I think it is redundant since the files are living in /pub/FreeBSD.
> If you move them someplace where FreeBSD it no longer part of the
> namespace, then sure, it probably makes sense for you to add FreeBSD
> back into the name.

Well, you are thinking of FTP. Jo=E3o is referring to P2P applications,=20
some of which are particularly well suited to the fast distribution on=20
very large files, and in those the concept of the "directory" the files=20
are in may be non-existent.

--=20
Daniel C. Sobral
Ger=EAncia de Opera=E7=F5es
Divis=E3o de Comunica=E7=E3o de Dados
Coordena=E7=E3o de Seguran=E7a
VIVO Centro Oeste Norte
Fones: 55-61-313-7654/Cel: 55-61-9618-0904
E-mail:	Daniel.Capo@tco.net.br
	Daniel.Sobral@tcoip.com.br
	dcs@tcoip.com.br