Date:      Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:11:27 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI + FIC VA-503+ = non-working fdc

On Saturday 26 November 2005 02:18 pm, george+freebsd@m5p.com wrote:
> On a FIC VA-503+ motherboard, ACPI does not play nice with the floppy
> disk controller.  In all versions of 5.x, and now 6.0, it cannot talk
> to the fdc when ACPI is enabled.  In 6.0-RELEASE, the message I get
> if "No FDOUT register!".  It works fine with ACPI disabled, and perhaps
> I should just stick with that ...

Can you post the fdc0 lines from both dmesg's to see what the resources loo=
k=20
like?  Sounds like a bug in your BIOS.

> Also, in 6.0-RELEASE, enabling ACPI seems to cause the re driver to
> get watchdog timeouts ...

Are any of the IRQs different with ACPI enabled vs ACPI disabled?  Also, do=
=20
you get these times with ACPI enabled on 5.x?

=2D-=20
John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org> =A0<>< =A0http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/
"Power Users Use the Power to Serve" =A0=3D =A0http://www.FreeBSD.org