Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 11:50:55 +0900
From:      hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
To:        brianc@pobox.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: non-passworded accounts

>> After installing 2.2.1, can anyone change an account which has a
>> password so that it no longer does?
>>
>> I've had no luck.  The obvious vipw and remove empty passwd method
>> doesn't seem to work.

I have the same problem.  I18N boot.flp can't exec root passwd from
sysinstall because of terminal problem.... so I prompted to the users
to execute "passwd root" as soon as you installed the system, but I
have to write another way to set root password from sysinstall as soon
as possible :-<....

Maybe this problem is related to last changes to /usr/bin/login after
2.2-RELEASE.  Why /usr/bin/login is changed to this spec?  Security
considerations?

--
	HOSOKAWA, Tatsumi              E-mail: hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp
	  WWW homepage: http://www.mt.cs.keio.ac.jp/person/hosokawa.html