Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 2003 17:41:47 +0200 (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Westeurop=E4ische_Sommerzeit?=)
From:      Friedemann Becker <Friedemann.Becker@student.uni-tuebingen.de>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Andre Guibert de Bruet <andy@siliconlandmark.com>
Subject:   Re: systat -v on -CURRENT

hmmm..... I don't know.... :)

devstat_compute_etime(struct bintime *cur_time, struct bintime *prev_time)
is responsable for calculating the difference between cur_time and
prev_time, but knows nothing about the correctness of the result.
someone could use the function for calculating negative differences or
something (you can never know.... ;-)
so i think, it would be better in vmstat.c (usr.bin/systat), as there
is already a check, if busytime = devstat_compute_etime(...) is bigger
than 100%, so <0 should be checked right there too, i think

look at the patche I posted to -hackers....

Friedemann