Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 1999 03:20:03 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
Cc:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>, emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [emulation] Bug in linux fcntl syscall?

On Sat, 12 Jun 1999, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> The patches are attached as a single file. All three patches are for
> -current. I also got patches for enhancement (3) for 3.2 and 2.2.8
> releases on my page (http://www.scc.nl/~marcel/)

In general, in which direction is Linux emulation headed?

We had problems in 2.2.x when Linux emulation was out-of-date and for
sites like mine (with constant presure to move to Linux) having rock
solid FreeBSD-RELEASE with most advanced Linux emulation (only in
-CURRENT?) is strongly desirable?

How can I/we solve this dilemma? Or are you planing to backport most
of the changes in -CURRENT to -RELEASE as well?

Gerald