Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 2000 13:17:25 -0500
From:      Daniel Baker <dbaker@distributed.net>
To:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.1-RC panic when loading dnetc (distributed.net client)

On 23-Jul-2000, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> I am using the 4.63 dnetc native FreeBSD version of the distributed.net
> client.  Here is what happens:

[snip]

> I am having a hard time getting into my system to disable dnetc and see if I
> can get more details.  The CD ROM I burned with a stable from about two
> weeks back ignores my key entry to go to a commad prompt so that I can load
> the kernel off of the CD and then boot into the OS (manually).  Enter is all
> that works and it sends me to kernel config and then sysinstall.  I added
> "boot" to /boot/loader.rc, so I don't get a command prompt option at all
> when I boot my machine normally.

Thomas,

Just use "boot -s" to boot into single user mode so that you can disable
the dnetc.sh script before you get into multiuser mode when all the rc.d
scripts are executed.

How long has the machine that you're using been alive for?  Has it had
stability problems in the past?  Is it under heavy load?  Are the CPU fan(s)
running?

Daniel

--
dbaker@distributed.net - Chief Operations Administrator - distributed.net