Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 2000 00:30:58 -0400
From:      Eric Ogren <eogren@earthlink.net>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs: how do you do a repo copy?

Hi Dan-

 The idea is to move the actual ,v file into its new place. You can do the
below...

$ cd $CVSROOT/mycvs/walkports
$ cp ports.pm,v ../updates
$ cd /checked/out/version/of/the/tree
$ cvs update
$ cd walkports
$ cvs remove ports.pm
$ cvs commit -m "Repo-copied to updates." ports.pm

...or, if you don't care about preserving the fact that ports.pm was
ever in walkports, you can use mv instead of cp.

I'm pretty sure this should do the trick, although you should of course
make sure you have backups around just in case something goes horribly
wrong.

Eric