Date:      Sun, 5 Mar 2017 10:54:03 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
Cc:        Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Cubox-i Hummingboard images gone

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 8:17 PM, Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Mar 2017 19:48:51 -0700
> Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 2017-03-04 at 21:32 -0500, Tom Pusateri wrote:
>> > On the FreeBSD download page, https://www.freebsd.org/where.html,
>> > there is a 11.0-RELEASE image for Solid Run Cubox-i Hummingboard
>> > systems. But there are no longer any images for 11.0 Stable or 12.0
>> > Current. It seems as though new images are not being built. Is there
>> > a hardware problem or lack of interest? I have several of these
>> > boards and loved having the images built.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Tom
>> >

>> I would guess it's because the corresponding u-boot packages are no
>> longer available.  I have no idea why that is (I used to maintain the
>> u-boot stuff, but others are doing it now), but the list of images
>> roughly corresponds to the list of available u-boot pkgs.
>>
>> -- Ian
>
>  u-boot-cubox-hummingbird depends on gcc492 (which vendor u-boot needs)
> so it conflict with gcc6XX which the other ones use.
>  Switching to upstream u-boot is needed but I don't have hardware to
> test.

I have a iMX6 board, maybe two, that I bought for this. I think mine
is the wandboard.

But we can trivially switch to the new gcc. Even w/o switching to my
new framework, it's just one file away from working (basically, snag
gcc5.h or gcc6.h from newer u-boot and use them, or even just use the
gcc4.h one). I fought this on other ports before I switched over to
the new framework.

But of course we should switch if we can... When I looked at the issue
last, it appeared that all our iMX6-supported boards that had waco
out-of-mailine u-boots had support for them added to upstream.

Warner