Date:      Tue, 9 May 2006 01:11:52 +0100
From:      RW <list-freebsd-2004@morbius.sent.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bad floppy disks

On Monday 08 May 2006 23:49, Bill Schoolcraft wrote:

> Just last night I was just trying to get three good floppies from a
> brand new package of 10 to install on a Fujitsu Lifebook with only a
> floppy and could not believe the failure rate.

I wonder if it might have more to do with the fact that these days the drives
themselves just sit there seizing-up and gathering dust for months on end. A
few months ago I bought a new floppy-drive just to flash a bios, the old
drive had become really unreliable even though it had scarcely been used.