Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 08:22:51 +1100
From:      Jacob Rhoden <jacob@vicyouth.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel memory address probing

Hi,

I recompiled and installed a new kernel then remembered
in my old config file (which I unfortunately lost), I may
have had to have changed the ed0 line in the config
from 0x280 to 0x300. I only have remote access so
its kind of important that I have it right before rebooting!

the line in GENERIC :
   device          ed0     at isa? port 0x280 irq 10 iomem 0xd8000

the line in my dmesg file :
   ed0 at port 0x300-0x31f iomem 0xd8000 irq 10 on isa0

Should I change the kern conf to say '0x300' instead of
'0x280', should I not touch it? or even change it
to '0x300-0x31f'?

Ideas thoughts would be appreciated (: Thankyou. (In
future I will be using 'option INCLUDE_KERNEL_CONFIG'
I didn't know about it before).

Regards,
Jacob Rhoden