Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2000 15:49:01 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   When is a port broken?

What defines a port as being broken?

Some ports, such as print/apsfilter, are broken because "patches for
5.4.2 were not created correctly".  Some ports are conditionally broken,
such as editors/mule-common which is broken if you haven't first
installed another mule port.

With FreshPorts, I'm trying to show people whether or not a port is
broken/forbidden. At present, editors/mule-common is marked as
broken, within FreshPorts, because the box on which FreshPorts runs
doesn't have any mule ports installed.

I'm anticipating similar anomalies for FORBIDDEN.

Does anyone have any clever ideas?
--
Dan Langille  [I'm looking for more work]
The FreeBSD Diary - http://www.freebsddiary.org/