Date:      Tue, 9 Sep 2003 07:28:45 +0100
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To:        Dylan Cooper <dbc63b@mizzou.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.1-CURRENT / A31p / ACPI

Hello,

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 11:29:22PM -0500, Dylan Cooper wrote:
>   I've been following the mobile list for a while, now.  I thought I would
> come out of lurk-mode and give some preliminary details about my Thinkpad
> A31p and my experiences with FreeBSD.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. There is no /dev/nvram driver. I
presume this is something Linux uses to encapsulate access to configuration
NVRAM across platforms - I am not sure if this abstraction really holds
up in all cases, the x86 CMOS is a bit of a special case.

I did do a very quick hack over lunch one day to access the ThinkPad-specific
CMOS registers. I can mail this code to you if you want.

You should load acpi into the kernel as a module from the loader; other
configurations are not supported, AFAIK.

People who are reading this list often skim or graze it at high speed. Please
try to keep to one subject per message.

BMS