Date:      Thu, 8 May 1997 15:26:26 -0400
From:      "Randy_M" <randym@nsta.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Running Freebsd on HP servers

I am thinking of getting a HP Netserver E40 to run Free BSD on. Is this a
good match and do you know of any problems with this setup? This machine is
SCO certified but I was not sure if this was good enough to avoid any
hardware problems with the FreeBSD OS. I can get this machine (PPro 180mhx,
80mb memory 2.1gb) for around $3500 so it seems to ba a great value (HP
quality) for the price. If you have any other suggestions for an
off-the-shelf machine in the same price range I would be interested in
hearing them. Thank you for your help

				Randy Milhoan
				NSTA
				1840 Wilson Blvd.