Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 1998 14:20:14 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jesse D. Walters" <jwalt@subcellar.mwci.net>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Java intallation (fwd)

 I ran the inital port for java "make install" then it gave me a ./work
directory.  it still had the makefile which looked like this:
LIBDIR=/share/java

all:
        @true

install:
        -test -d ${LIBDIR}/lib || mkdir -p ${LIBDIR}/lib
        ${BSD_INSTALL_MAN} COPYRIGHT ${LIBDIR}
        ${BSD_INSTALL_DATA} lib/javac.properties  ${LIBDIR}/lib
        ${BSD_INSTALL_DATA} lib/appletviewer.properties ${LIBDIR}/lib
        ${BSD_INSTALL_DATA} classes.zip ${LIBDIR}

when I run make install on this it says the following:
test -d /share/java/lib || mkdir -p /share/java/lib
COPYRIGHT /share/java
COPYRIGHT: not found
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I verified that the COPYRIGHT and lib directories DID  have all the
correct files.