Date:      Sun, 3 Sep 2000 12:13:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Caleb Land <bokonon@rochester.rr.com>
To:        Odhiambo Washington <vedette@iconnect.co.ke>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: USB probe messages -- are these 'ok'?

Hello,
	I was having a similar problem with my SCSI card (aha152x - an ISA
card with jumpers)  and I found out that while it worked in Windows, it
didn't work in linux because linux was PnP'ing my network card to the same
IRQ as my SCSI card.  If that particular sound card uses a specific IRQ
(11 in your case) and is ISA, you might be able to force your BIOS to
reserve that IRQ for ISA only (not anything else) then the BIOS will
assign USB to another IRQ.

Sincerely,
Caleb Land
(bokonon@rochester.rr.com)