Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 1999 22:02:27 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Andreas L. Gustafsson" <ante@Update.UU.SE>
Cc:        wosch@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD for "free"

On Fri, Nov 12, 1999 at 11:27:02AM +0100, Andreas L. Gustafsson wrote:
> I am in no way a part of, or paid by, the Free Software Foundation, but
> a independant programmer/user that's deeply concerned about the issues
> about freedom and the philosophy of the FSF.

As am I.  One of the things I am most concerned about is the the FSF
has been able to fool people into thinking that GPLed software is free
software.  It isn't - it is software that has been made unfree in a
specific way in order to hurt proprietary software (as opposed to
helping free software or open source software - if you want to
maximize the amount and quality of open source software, the GPL is
almost always the wrong choice).

Please don't re-iterate this confusion by referring to the Free
Software Foundation as if they were in favour of freedom.

Thank you.

Eivind.