Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 1998 13:13:11 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is it soup yet? :-)

Mike Smith wrote:
> > I'm just wondering when we're going to switch the kernel to ELF and
> > put /usr/src/sys/modules into the build path.  I'd really like the
> > /usr/bin/linux command to start doing the right thing on current 3.0
> > SNAPshots, among other things. :-)
>
> I think we're about ready to do it.  We probably want to insist that
> people cut over to the new bootstrap first, perhaps with a HEADS UP
> announcement from someone that hasn't cried wolf before.

Oh, one other thing.. libdisk is built by doing a file2c of /usr/mdec/
boot1/boot2 and compiling it in.  It is using the *old* boot code, because
libdisk is built before src/sys/boot in a 'make world'.

BTW; I really do not like moving the bootblock source files (boot0/1/2) to
/boot;  I think of /boot as an equivalent to the bootblocks..  /usr/mdec
should be where they remain stored, and it's where disklabel expects them
too.

> --
> \\  Sometimes you're ahead,       \\  Mike Smith
> \\  sometimes you're behind.      \\  mike@smith.net.au
> \\  The race is long, and in the  \\  msmith@freebsd.org
> \\  end it's only with yourself.  \\  msmith@cdrom.com

Cheers,