Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 2003 23:39:45 +0200
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk>
To:        Anton Zavrin <antonzav@pacbell.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Please help, updated to 4.8 serious issues

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

On 2003.04.18 14:26:15 -0700, Anton Zavrin wrote:

> Pam_authontication: permission denied.
> So, I dropped back to single user mode and repeated the whole process
> all over again, including cvsup, when everything was almost done, I got
> this weird error:
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/69996248/69996266FYKaAY

=46rom that screenshot it I would guess that your password file or
database are corrupted. Try having a look at /etc/passwd and
/etc/master.passwd and check if they look correct. If they do try
regenerating your password database with pwd_mkdb.

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g--