Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:18:58 -1000 (HST)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
To:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet1.pcnet.com>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>, <current@FreeBSD.ORG>, <mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>, Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Dell Inspiron 8200 notebook

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, John Baldwin wrote:

> > >       Hmmm, I don't have anything in my cardbus slots since everything
> > > is on the Mini-PCI but what does your sysctl hw.acpi.lid_switch_state show
> > > for the current setting?
> > >
> > > vince@bigbang [2:50am][~] >> sysctl hw.acpi.lid_switch_state
> > > hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: NONE
> > >
> > >       This is after I did /sbin/sysctl -w hw.acpi.lid_switch_state=NONE
> > > in /etc/rc.local as that works fine on my IBM ThinkPad 770Z.
> >
> > Try 'S0' instead of 'NONE' and see if that works.
>
> That doesn't work for me.  After switching from S1 to S0 and
> closing the lid, the machine still suspends.  Plus, it never
> wakes up.  It needs a power on, and then the subsequent fsck's
> when FreeBSD boots again.

	Just curious but does the LCD stay on when the machine suspends
since on mines, the last thing displayed will remain there until I hold
the power button down to manually shut the machine off and then the power
on where it does the fsck's and FreeBSD boots again.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@WURLDLINK.NET - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
Almighty1@IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin