Date:      Tue, 20 Oct 1998 09:51:25 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Adrian Penisoara <ady@warpnet.ro>
To:        Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, ftp-bugs@wcarchive.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Weird tar problem with a port.

Hi,

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Malartre wrote:

> ftp> get perl5.tar
> 200 PORT command successful.
> 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for 'perl5.tar'.
> 226 Transfer complete.
> 1536 bytes received in 0.50 seconds (3.00 KB/s)
> ftp> quit
> 221 Goodbye!
> ports$ tar -xvf perl5.tar
> tar: Blocksize = 3 records
> perl5/
> perl5/files/
> perl5/files/md5
> tar: Unexpected EOF on archive file
> ports$
>
> What's appening? I was in the pub/FreeBSD/ports/lang directory and
> downloaded the perl5 ports.

 I've seen this too, it happens with all port subdirectories, it just
returns a 1536 bytes ile, up to the content of the first file (usually
xxx/files/md5).
 You should try getting the tree file by file, it seems that automatic
archiving of directories is broken for the moment on ftp.cdrom.com.

 Ady (@warpnet.ro)