Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 2000 00:27:40 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        rdmurphy@vt.edu
Cc:        FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3-Stable to 4-Stable: libc.so.4 not found

In message <14675.27345.127580.183075@knock.econ.vt.edu> "Russell D. Murphy Jr." writes:
:
: I'm trying to move my laptop from 3-Stable to 4-Stable.  My desktop
: went (to 4-Stable) without a hitch.  I've followed the UPDATING
: directions; all goes well until make installworld.  This generates:
:
:   /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc.so.4" not found
:
: I've tried
:
:   ldconfig -R
:
: as suggested in note [5], but this doesn't help.  I'll confess to
: typically not touching ldconfig much, so I'm a bit lost here.
:
: Any suggestions?

ldconfig /path/to/usr/obj/usr/lib

I think will do the trick.