Date:      Mon, 4 Feb 2013 18:40:04 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, Ian Lepore <ian@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: stable/9: Force ada1 to UDMA-33

Ian Lepore wrote:
 > On Fri, 2013-02-01 at 19:52 +0100, Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > What is the proper way with ATA_CAM and ada(4) to force a
 > > P-ATA disk to a lower UDMA mode?
 >
 > You probably want one of these...
 >
 >     hint.ata.X.devX.mode
 >      limits initial ATA mode for specified device on specified channel.
 >
 >      hint.ata.X.mode
 >      limits initial ATA mode for every device on specified channel.
 >
 > These are from ata(4) manpage, there are some others there as well.

Thank you!

It's embarassing I didn't check ata(4) ...  I looked at
ada(4), atacontrol, camcontrol and a few others, even
Google didn't reveal anything.

Best regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme,  secnetix GmbH & Co. KG,  Marktplatz 29, 85567 Grafing
Handelsregister:  Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRA 74606, Geschäftsfuehrung:

FreeBSD-Dienstleistungen/-Produkte + mehr: http://www.secnetix.de/bsd

"C++ is to C as Lung Cancer is to Lung."
        -- Thomas Funke