Date:      Fri, 08 Jan 1999 01:29:35 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Jim Mercer <jim@reptiles.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: utility for setting PNP info in /etc/rc.conf?

Jim Mercer wrote:

> i've got a PNP modem in one of my servers.
>
> unfortunately, whenever i put a new kernel in place, i physically have to
> re-initialize the kernel using "boot -c, etc".
>
> is there a method to do this in /etc/rc.local or something?

-stable or -current? The new three stage boot can do that through
/boot/boot.conf, but I suppose it has not been back-ported to
-stable.

Alas, I think it would work with -stable kernels, though.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"Heart like a Gabriel, pure and white as ivory,
	soul like a lucifer, black and cold as a piece of lead."