Date:      Thu, 28 Nov 1996 18:51:29 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Mr M P Searle <csubl@csv.warwick.ac.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Terminals crossed over?

Is it possible to cross-over two terminals?
By this I mean have the keyboard of one act as input to the other, and the second's keyboard act as input to the first.
In fact one of these is the console, so I'd like to be able to do this in X as
well - but I guess if I redirect all the pseudo-ttys in the same way I'll be OK.
It's probably something like cat /dev/cuaa1 > /dev/ttyv0, but there's a lot of
different terimnal devices, and I'm not sure what the difference between them
is. (BTW, the terminal is an old PC on serial, using /dev/cuaa1 - I couldn't
get /dev/ttyd1 to work. The obvious way of just exchanging keyboards is no good
as it's an Amstrad special. :( )