Date:      Thu, 05 Jun 2003 17:16:26 -0500
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        Steve Wingate <s.wingate@cox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: Gnome 2.2 & Nautilus icon sets

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 17:55:50 -0400, Steve Wingate <s.wingate@cox.net> wrote:

>> The drag & drop seems to be never work on me, even on Linux too. The
>> manual by uncompress/unpack and put in the directory always have been
>> work perfect, but I never have done with icons theme. I just did with
>> GTK themes. However, have you tried logout Gnome (exit X) and restart it
>> to get those appear in the list, yet? Can you show me where icons theme
>> tarball that you have downloaded? So, I can try it for myself too.
>
> I uncompressed it to both ~/.icons (which was the default location it
> searched when I tried INSTALL) and to it's own directory under
> /usr/X11R6/share/icons/
>
> ie ~/.icons/stylish and
> /usr/X11R6/share/icons/stylish/

I searched for the stylish and I found it at
http://art.gnome.org/show_theme.php?themeID=321&category=icon and
downloaded it. I unpack and put it in the ~/.icons/; it works perfect.

$ tar xfvz ICON-Stylish.tar.gz
$ mv stylish ~/.icons/

> I didn't log out and back in.

You should give it a try.. I have Gnome depends on fam enable for the auto-
update, so not sure if the themes will refresh by itself without fam
requires.

P.S. Next time, try to email to gnome@freebsd.org for any of Gnome issues.

Cheers,
Mezz