Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 1999 01:04:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Bruce M. Walter" <walter@fortean.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multia X-Files...

> Don't you mean the 'David Rivers Memorial Panic'[tm] :-)  I thought
> that died in the 3.x branch a long time ago...

The one and only...  I had hoped it did.  Poking around the archives
showed a few cases with strong similarities, but I really think the
majority are dodgy hardware.  I wouldn't be surprised if my own Multia
problems were hardware as well.  At least in regards to the spontaneous
reboots.

As for the dec_axppci_33 messages, booting verbose does in fact show the
detection of a bogus phantom device for each pin 30 message.  I don't
think this is flaky hardware as much as it is a Multia-specific quirk.  It
happens on both of mine, and I remember seeing a message from Mike Smith
that it happens on his too.  (Sorry, Mike, if I'm misremembering)

- Bruce

PS: I'll post a dmesg with the bogus probe info as soon as I get my box
    back in shape.

Bruce M. Walter, Principal
NIXdesign Group Inc.

426 S. Dawson Street