Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2007 22:19:07 -0500
From:      Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        Randall Stewart <rrs@cisco.com>
Cc:        brooks@freebsd.org, Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>, "Stephane E. Potvin" <sepotvin@freebsd.org>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: UNIX domain socket locking changes merged to CVS HEAD

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 07:00:15PM -0500, Randall Stewart wrote:
> Robert Watson wrote:
> >On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Stephane E. Potvin wrote:
> >>
> >>Since this commit, I've been observing frequent deadlocks on my laptop,
> >>mostly when starting-up gnome. It usually takes less than 5 to 10 minutes for
> >>the deadlock to happens.

I too have been having unexpected lockups--like Randall, I figured it
was something to do with my machine.  Interestingly enough, though X
will lock up completely (and I can't ssh to the machine, though I can
ping it) the jail, which runs a small web site, running on an alias ip
address continues to work--I can still access the web site from outside.

However, I haven't been able to apply Robert's patch yet.  As some of
you have noticed, there's a bunch of tinderbox failures dying in
netstat.  It's happening to me too, so I haven't been able to rebuild.

(this is more of a me too post at this point--I haven't had a chance to
do any investigation).

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Buffy: What do you want?
Spike: I told you. I want to stop Angel. I want to save the world.
Buffy: Okay, you do remember that you're a vampire, right?
Spike: We like to talk big... vampires do. I'm going to destroy the
world.
That's just tough-guy talk. Strutting around with your friends over a
pint of
blood. The truth is, I _like_ this world. You've got...dog racing,
Manchester
United. And you've got people. Billions of people walking around like
Happy
Meals with legs. It's all right here. But then someone comes along
with a vision.
With a real... passion for destruction. Angel could pull it off.
Good-bye, Picadilly.
Farewell, Leicester-bloody-Square.