Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 23:47:25 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Stephen Hocking-Senior Programmer PGS Tensor Perth <shocking@prth.pgs.com>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LD_PRELOAD & Linux emulation

Please ask emulation-related questions on the -emulation list (moved
there).

> I understand that our own binaries can benefit from the LD_PRELOAD
> hack - however this does not seem to extend to Linux binaries under the
> emulator.

LD_PRELOAD is handled by the dynamic linker.  If the Linux linker
doesn't handle it, then you lose.

> How new is our Linux binary set anyway? Are there any plans to
> support glibc binaries?

The current linux_lib port is a bit woefully old.  We support glibc
binaries, but you need a new set of libs.  It's hard to work out which
ones we should have, and harder still because there's no real "owner"
of our Linux emulation at this point in time.