Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2002 09:48:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bdoehner@enterasys.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>, <mobile@freebsd.org>, <hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: trouble with PCMCIA running 4.4-RELEASE or 5.0-CURRENT on Tecra 8000

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for replying and giving me some hope of getting this working.
The only PCMCIA cards that I have and are in the pccard.conf database
are my Xircom 10/100 and my Enterasys RoamAbout card (802.11b).

I didn't do much with the RoamAbout card, because at work we run
with encryption and I saw too many variables to adjust and when it doesn't
work then, I wouldn't know if it was incorrectly adjusted encryption,
IRQ's, or whatever.

Because I couldn't install over the network, I booted in win98,
copied the entire 4.4-RELEASE and 5.0-CURRENT installations over to
C:\ and then did an installation from DOS partition. With this installation
(standard off the ftp distribution), everything seems to work, except
for PCMCIA as described before. Additionaly, I kept getting kernel
reset message for the Xicrom, which according to the driver code for
xe comes from having missed interrupts.

Does dmesg on your tecra 8000 also say:
pcic0: PCI Memory allocated: 0x44000000
pccard0: <PC Card bus (classic)> on pcic0
pci_cfgintr_linked: linked (61) to hard-routed irq 11
pci_cfgintr: 0:11 INTB routed to irq 11
pcic1: <Toshiba ToPIC97 PCI-CardBus Bridge> irq 11 at device 11.1 on pci0
pcic1: PCI Memory allocated: 0x44001000

???

Did you have to set any MIBs in /boot/loader.conf to get your PCMCIA to work?
What version of the BIOS are you running?  Mine is ACPI Bios version 9.3, which
I believe is the latest.
On screen 2 of the BIOS, what did you set for Device Config, and PC CARD Controller
Mode?
Mine is set to Device Config = All Devices, Conctroller Mode = Auto-Selected.

Thanks/Bernie