Date:      Wed,  5 Feb 97 09:39:26 Pacific Standard Time
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz"  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard"  <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, Josef Grosch  <jgrosch@superior.truenorth.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Z-Mail & FreeBSD

> >> NetManage now owns ZMail, and they do not have a FreeBSD version on their
FTP

> >> site, I also got the flyer so here are the version they currently
support:

> >Well, I just talked to the UNIX product manager and gave him my pitch
> >for resurrecting the existing inheirited-from-NCD port of Zmail to
> >FreeBSD.  They're not wildly enthusiastic about adding Yet Another
> >platform to their list of responsibilities, but they're intrigued by
> >the idea of doing a purely promotional thing with FreeBSD as a "use at
> >your own risk" kinda thing.  We'll see where it goes.

> How much would a copy of Zmail go for ? Would it be helpful if a number of
> us started sending email to NetManage offering to throw green pieces of
> paper at them for a copy of Zmail ;-)

Z-Mail for Unix v4.3 is $95.00us.

-Sean
Sean J. Schluntz                                  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
Manager, Support Services                        ph. 408.997.6900 x222
PinPoint Software Corporation                    fx. 408.323.2300
6155 Almaden Expressway, Suite 100
San Jose, CA.  95120                             http://www.pinpt.com/

Local Time Sent: 02/05/97 09:39:27