Date:      Fri, 10 Feb 2006 18:29:34 -0600 (CST)
From:      Lars Eighner <eighner@io.com>
To:        freebsd-ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mystery memory leak message in PHP 5

I get this and don't begin to understand it:

/usr/ports/lang/php5-cli/work/php-5.0.5/main/streams/streams.c(1209) :  Freeing
0x083AC564 (1 bytes), script=/home/webmaster/allphp/main.php
/usr/ports/lang/php5-cli/work/php-5.0.5/ext/standard/file.c(472) : Actual locati
on (location was relayed)
Last leak repeated 5 times
=== Total 6 memory leaks detected ===

Although php5-cli was built from ports, the port was cleaned
long ago, so the work directory no longer exists, and I have no
idea where to start looking for the problem:

My script?
PHP source?
The port?
The system?

Output of my scripts appears to be correct both to my eye and to
a sgml parser.

What will happen if I keep running these scripts?  Will I
eventually run out of memory?  Or is the memory recovered when
the script quits?  This is run from the command line (well
actually by gmake) and doesn't run from a daemon, and the
process does die a natural death when it is done.

--
Lars Eighner
eighner@io.com