Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 1997 21:43:00 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        sos@sos.freebsd.dk (Søren Schmidt)
Cc:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu, FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: thickwisre<->thinwire

> > Does anyone know where I could go to get a thickwire to thinwire
> > converter?  I've not had any luck searching it out yet.
>
> Does the DECStation connect via an AUI cable ??
> Then you just need one of those little gizmos that plug in to the
> AUI connector and has a BNC connector in the other end....

Note that much DEC equipment is such that you will either have to remove
posts and the locking slide if you directly connect the little box, or
you will need a 6-8 inch pig-tail cable to go between them (I have a
couple of these as well, since HP equipment is pretty much in the
same boat).

> Or you could get nasty and get a connector that fits on the end of
> the think cable and a converter from that to BNC, both cables are
> 50 Ohms, so it works, just is a bit unusual :)

Heh.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---