Date:      Tue, 08 Nov 2005 13:44:47 +0100
From:      Gregory Nou <gregorynou@altern.org>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with libs in gnome during the upgrade 2.10->2.12

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the upgrade of gnome.

For example, I get this :

===>   Running ldconfig
/sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/X11R6/lib
===>   Registering installation for libgnomedb-1.2.1
===>   Returning to build of glade2-2.12.1
Error: shared library "gnomedb-3.4" does not exist
*** Error code 1

The fact is, the gnome-update script uninstalled everything, and began
reinstalling everything, but it failed very early "thanks" to
libatk-1.0.so.0 which was actually libatk-1.0.so.913 or something like that.
Now, I have many problems with those libs.
Did I missed something ? And, more important, what should I do ? for the
moment, I just copied missing libs, to make it work, but I don't think
it is the right way to address the problem.

Thanks.

--
Gregory