Date:      Sat, 10 Sep 2011 18:44:01 +0200
From:      Michel Talon <talon@lpthe.jussieu.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:  returning to 8.2 from 9.0

Fbsd8 wrote:

> How do I fix the HD so 8.2 will install?

man gpart, in particular the RECOVERING section. there are 2 copies of
the GPT you have erased only one. See gpart recover and gpart destroy.

By the way FreeBSD-8.2 has the gpart utility so i suppose installation
on GPT is possible. And as far as i have seen, FreeBSD9 seems an
extremely nice release, with tons of exciting new stuff. The new
installer is *very* efficient, the system is fast, even with witness,
I don't see many reasons to come back to 8.2.

--

Michel TALON