Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2014 18:16:58 +0100
From:      ArnoB <freebsd@rgbaz.eu>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sys call not implemented

On 17-03-14 17:16, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> I would ask the developer of the linux app to add a --macs switch
> to the software so you can manually feed the mac addresses to the
> software.  Or recompile it for FreeBSD.
>
> Ted

Hi Ted,

thanks for your reply.
I was a bit afraid this was going to be answered to be honest.

FreeBSD says ask the developer, developer says ask your vendor
and vendor says "we don't support this".
So, in the end i am the one who's stuck and back at the point
how to fix this.

The software is closed source (it's a license server), so I can't fix it.
There's too little demand to have them deliver an FBSD binary.
So, my only option before switching everything to Linux is to fix the
error it generates in FreeBSD...

hence my question here :)

The vendor just pointed this out to me (why i missed that after a
week of googling is a bit of a fail for me)
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2013-September/010736.html

That doesn't seem to be accepted into the latest branch and
it does solve part of the problem!
It does show the NICs now except the dongle/usb one I have
which is the only one I need... sigh

ok on with the search...

cheers

Arno