Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 13:18:44 -0600
From:      ktb <x.y.f@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   changing root prompt

	I'm using 4.2 and csh.  I've set the prompt for regular user in
	~/.cshrc and it works fine.  I tried changing the prompt for
	root in /root/.cshrc and it doesn't work.  I've tried
	/etc/profile, /etc/csh.cshrc, and /root/.profile and it still
	won't work.  The string I'm using is -
	set prompt = "%m@[%/]# "
	Which file to I change to make this stick?
	Thanks,
	kent

--
  "In order to make an apple pie from scratch,
      you must first create the universe."