Date:      Tue, 19 Aug 2003 07:21:34 +0000
From:      "Vlado Korcek" <vladokorcek@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sound card setting on FreeBSD5.0 ???

   Hi People,

   I've tried to set up the sound card on my machine but unsuccessfully
   :-(

   I'm running FreeBSD 5.0. The MB is Abit NF7-S based on nForce2
   chipset. The sound card is on board:  AC 97 CODEC on board
   I've compiled the KERNEL with "device pcm" in order to get the audio
   running. But when I reboot the system and then I check for the device,
   I see nothing:

   grep pcm /var/run/dmesg.boot  - shows no pcm device
   dmesg | grep pcm - no device listed

   Could anyone advice me what can be the problem and how to get it
   running???

   Thanks in advance!

   Vlado

   MSN 8 with [1]e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE*