Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:54:53 -0400
From:      Steve Shorter <steve@nomad.lets.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:    oidentd issue on FreeBSD 4.3 ?

Howdy!

	I built oidentd from ports on FreeBSD 4.3 R.
Every time oidentd gets querried it logs an error

Error: sysctlbyname: Operation not permitted.

	I can trace this log message to the source file
freebsd4.c and the failure of the system call

if (sysctlbyname("net.inet.tcp.getcred",...

	This fails because the sysctl variable net.inet.tcp.getcred does
not seem to exist (sysctl -a), I think. I would like to use oidentd but
was wondering how to enable the proper sysctl variable or if you know
of some other fix, or what I have done wrong.

	thanx - steve