Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 1999 21:20:47 -0400
From:      jeffe@fcis.whyy.org (Jeffery Ehrenkrantz)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sendmail and makemap troubles.

Hi all, tonight I have moved into deeper water. (over my head again)
I downloaded and compiled sendmail 8.9.3
made the mc/cf files. all apparently ok
now when it was time to use "makemap dbm /etc/virtusertable "
the reply was as follows "makemap: Type dbm not supported in this version"
looking i found no dbm sooo i made gdbm but now

unix1# makemap gdbm /etc/virtusertable
makemap: Unknown database type gdbm

i'm confused again which way should i turn. this all started because i need
outgoing domain mapping
thanks in advance.
..je