Date:      Thu, 5 Sep 1996 08:58:48 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Eduardo Viruena Silva <mrspock@esfm.ipn.mx>
To:        Gabor Zahemszky <zgabor@code.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your mail on Bravo card

On Thu, 5 Sep 1996, Gabor Zahemszky wrote:

> > 		options OPTI_MAD16_PORT
> >
> > in order to give the kernel support for OPTI MAD16 Chip...  but the
> > command "config" issues an error message telling me that there is
> > a syntax error in my kernel configuration, in the line I defined this
> > option.
>
> If I know `config' right, you have to put "-s around the name, so try:
> options "OPTI_MAD16_PORT"
>
> (If I remember well, if an option has number in it, you need the ".)
> Look into LINT, eg:
> NFS but "CD9660"
> I don't know, why.
>
> Bye, Gabor

Thank you.

It is very courious.  There has been a loot of people answering this
question (and I thank you all), everybody tells me to use '"' around the
name of the option (it worked), but the reason for doing that changes.
Yours seems to be true.

Now the kernel is working find on my Mozart card but my bravo sound card
is not recognized. AAARGGHH!! Somebody told me to forget this crazy card and
buy another...  I'm thinking seriously about it.

Now, I have another question.

Is there a way to change the order in which devices are tested ?
I would like to know because my mozart sound card is actually reconized
but the CDROM controlled by it is not.  I guess that  if the sound card is
initialized before FreeBSD tests for the CD driver, it'd (hopefully)
work...

thank you  in advance.

              \/