Date:      Mon, 01 Oct 2001 19:12:59 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Berkeley packet filter

Edwin Groothuis writes:
> > IIRC, GENERIC warns you to be wary of the consequences of _disabling_ bpf.
>
> #  The `bpf' pseudo-device enables the Berkeley Packet Filter.  Be
> #  aware of the legal and administrative consequences of enabling this
> #  option.  ...

It would be nice if the above could additionally say, "DHCP needs bpf".
My kernel config is so noted because I have a tendancy to remove bpf on
being scared off by the above note. Every year or so I get bit again
setting up another machine for somebody else...

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net