Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 2000 03:11:38 -0400
From:      "Thimble Smith" <tim@mysql.com>
To:        Grigory Kljuchnikov <grn@ispras.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How can I delete system package?

On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 06:52:39PM +0400, Grigory Kljuchnikov wrote:
>I'd like to remove ssh package from my system, but pkg_info
>said me about postinstalled packeges:
>
>$ pkg_info
>Mesa-3.0            A graphics library similar to SGI's OpenGL
>bash-2.03           The GNU Borne Again Shell
>emacs-20.6          GNU editing macros
>gettext-0.10.35     GNU gettext package
>jpeg-6b             IJG's jpeg compression utilities
>kde-1.1.2           The "meta-port" for the KDE integrated X11 desktop
>
>And I can't use pkg_delete.

I assume by that you mean that ssh wasn't listed in the output
of pkg_info.  If you're using 4.0, ssh comes with the system.  It
isn't a package then, and can't be deleted (well, you could delete
it, just like you could delete /bin/rm, but you wouldn't want to
do that).

If you want to keep sshd from running, there's an option in rc.conf
to do that.

Tim