Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 1997 23:10:36 -0800
From:      Jason Wells <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mount_msdos in 3.0-current

Just wantede to say that I too have had this problem.

I did this very same thing. You see, all i wanted to do was move some
files from dos to freebsd. Thats all that I wanted....

200 megabytes of redownloading the Freebsd distribution and reconfigging
everything has taught me that "mount -r -t msdos /dev/wd0" is a bad
thing.

Because I am quite new, I will continue to treat mount msdos with
superstition.

No response to this messsage is needed.

Doug White wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Jan 1997, Gregory James Hormann wrote:
>
> > I have been attempting to mount my dos directory in FreeBSD.  The
> > partition is over 1GB in size.  When I try to mount it, I get the
> > following message:
> >
> > /kernel mountmsdosdf(): Warning root directory is not a multiple of the
> > clustersize in length
> >
> > How bad is that?  I thought the problems with >1GB DOS filesystems was
> > corrected?
>
> Bad.  Very bad.  Dismount your DOS filesystem and hope it wasn't damaged
> :(  -- And never mount it until we confirm it's totally fixed.
>
> I thought so as well, but apparently not...this should be reported to
> current@freebsd.org.

Thank you,
Wannabe Sysadmin
Jason Wells
   /        Highperformance.net              /
  /         The homeless domain             /
 /  "Pardon me sir, spare some bandwidth?" /