Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 1998 21:57:08 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Tadashi Okoshi <slash@ht.sfc.keio.ac.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Q] Multiple Bt848 cards in a PC.

Tadashi Okoshi wrote:

>   And I downloaded the newest bt848 driver, and reconfigured the
> kernel. But while "make depend", it said,
> "../../pci/brooktree848.c:270:opt_bktr.h No such file or directory"

To generate opt_bktr.h you need to add the following line
to  /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/options.i386

BROOKTREE_SYSTEM_DEFAULT   opt_bktr.h

It is an auto generated file, produced by the 'config' program
Just re-run the config utility on your kernel options file.

Sorry, cannot help with fxtv.

> Q2. The reason why I saw there errors is I'm using 2.2.1R? or old bktr
>     driver?
the opt_bktr is a problem of the new driver which needed the new
version of options.i386.

>  I'm using 2.2.1R and have to use 2.2.1R.  So can I use
>     the newest bktr driver and the newest Fxtv(0.47) on 2.2.1R?

As far as I know, this will work.

Roger